Vintage Trailer

Vintage Trailer
Growing up an Iowa Farm Girl

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Bridgewater Methodist Church
















My maternal grandparents lived in the small town of Bridgewater Iowa. They attended the Methodist church which was just down the street from my grandparent's house.
I have very fond memories of attending that church with my grandmother. It was an old fashion church even when I was a kid. Our church is my hometown of Avoca was modern and built in he mid 70's.
This church had the wonderful old curved pews and the amazing stained glass windows. This was the church that my mother went to as a girl.
It has a bell and once I got to ring it. Now that we have a little house in Bridgewater we try to attend when we are back visiting. The Congregation has been so warm and inviting to us. We try to attend their church suppers and fall bazaar as much as we can. It's really a true inspiration of faith and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails