Vintage Trailer

Vintage Trailer
Growing up an Iowa Farm Girl

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Riding the School Bus

This is a picture of myself , my sister Lois and our Black Lab.. Queenie.
I grew up on a farm 3 miles from our town of Avoca, Iowa. The school bus would come at 7 am in the morning. We were the first kids on in the morning and luckily one of the first off the the afternoon. Our morning ride was about an hour. It was great memories of sitting with our friends, talking, singing, playing cats cradle, doing homework etc. My bus driver for my entire school experience was Eric Olson. He was more than a bus driver... he was my protector, encourager, and friends. He had such a great sense of humor. I was always forgetting something and he would allow me to run back to the house to retrieve it, but his favorite line to me was...."Nancy if your head wasn't fastened on, you'd probably forget it too!!"
What great memories!!!


1 comment:

  1. What a fun blog. My brothers and sister and I have been emailing all kinds of "do you remember?" emails lately. We should do this type of blog for our family.
    Happy Spring!
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails